So whatever your reasons might be then your Galaxy Mega can be brought back to its initial condition using the action called factory reset.
As for my friend case, he needed to reset his Galaxy Mega because of error occurred. So whatever he have done to his Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3, the problem is still there, his phone is experiencing dysfunction to which he could not use it as it used to. And he was advised by me to perform hard resetting procedure toward his Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 in order to solve the problem. And the problem was solved.
Things that I recommend you to do before following the hard reset guide below.
- Backup your Android data before performing the factory reset, as this action will entirely wipe your content and leave the system apps only. I recommend you to not proceeding to the guides below if you have not made backups.
- Have a battery life, at least 80% power. Do not start the hard resetting action when your battery life is low, if it suddenly shut down during the process, your Galaxy Mega will be bricked and damaged.
- Carefully perform each step below.
How to factory reset / hard reset Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200
- Take off your SIM or Memory Card, then power off your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200.
- Take your device battery out, wait for about 10 seconds, then insert it again.
- Now hold and press these buttons together Volume Up + Power. Do not release these buttons.
- Keep holding those buttons, till you see the Samsung Logo shows itself on your screen, then release all the buttons.
- Now wait till you are entering Factory reset / System Recovery menu.
- Now use Volume Down key to scroll down and choose this option Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
- Now choose "Yes -- delete all user data" using Volume Down key.
- Now to confirm the step use Power button.
- Once you have performed the hard reset, choose this option Reboot System Now, after it's chosen then use Power button to confirm it.
- Your phone will be booting now, once it's ON again then it's ready to use.
Done! Now your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 has reverted to its original factory condition. And all the errors which may occurred previously have been taken care off.